Friday, October 21, 2011

LA! part 2

We ended the day in LA with dinner at The Bazaar.  I loved it  -  Mom, not so much!


The Bazaar is a modern tapas restaurant, famous for its foie gras cotton candy and caprese salad. 



We also had oxtail steamed buns, carrot fritters, and chicken croquettes.  The Bazaar uses molecular gastronomy, making for a unique dining experience.

After our early dinner, we headed back to the hotel - just in time to watch the red carpet! 

Vogue and Guess were having an event (debut of the Guess 2011 Holiday line) at our hotel's pool.  We didn't recognize many of the "talent", but Carmen Electra was there.  Click here to see paparazzi pics from the event.

The next morning we woke up for brunch at the Polo Lounge at The Beverly Hills Hotel

I had yummy Eggs Benedict,  Mom had the famous French toast.


The beautiful lobby.

The pool at The Beverly Hills Hotel.




See the Escalade above?  That's Queen Latifah's driver.  As we walked up the drive, she came out and got in the car.  I saw her - Mom was too busy trying to get the valet/bellhop to tell her what famous people were at the hotel.

We went from the Beverly Hills Hotel to Rodeo Drive.

 I bought some nailpolish at Chanel on Rodeo Dr.  I got a mani/pedi the day I got back to Waco, and I think I may be wearing this color all fall/winter.  And, I can now claim I made a purchase on Rodeo Drive!



We ended our time in LA on Robertson at the Reiss store, a favorite of Kate Middleton.

It was a fun, quick trip to The City of Angels!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Looks as if you hit some great spots. . . . Edith

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0