Thursday, September 30, 2010

My first project




I finally have all my supplies together for my first sewing project. Tonight I am working on cutting out all the pieces - which I am convinced will be my least favorite part (notice the cutting mat with a lot of straight lines and the huge ruler. The ONLY way I would have a prayer of straight lines).

So far I have the 4 pieces of Peltec (heavy stabilizer for the middle) and one of the eight pieces of placemat.

I'm very pleased with the first piece- hopefully the rest will be straight.

My goal is to finish this weekend. I'll post pictures of the final product when I get there.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty sophisticated to me - lots of gadgets! I know the end product will be wonderful. Have fun! Edith

Anonymous said...

Just the beginning of a lifetime of making stuff. Nana

Suz said...

Woo hoo!! Investing in a good quality pair of sewing scissors makes ALL the difference when cutting out fabric! I was shocked when I went to a sewing class and used the teacher's scissors and it was way easier!

p.s. I'm so impressed by your project!!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0